ORDINANCES AND SACRAMENTS
Section 1. Baptism
A person who receives Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior by personal faith who professes Him publicly at any worship service; and who indicates a commitment to follow Christ as Lord, shall be received for baptism.
- Baptism shall be by immersion in water.
- Baptism shall be administered by the pastor or whomever the church shall authorize.
- Baptism shall be administered as an act of worship.
Section 2. The Lord’s Supper
The Lord’s Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the Church, through partaking of the bread and fruit of the vine, commemorate the death of Jesus Christ and anticipate His second coming.
(1) The Lord’s Supper shall be observed at least quarterly, preferably the first Sunday of the quarter, or as otherwise scheduled.
(2) The Lord’s Supper shall be observed in the Sunday morning or any other service deemed appropriate.
(3) The pastor and deacons shall be responsible for the administration of the Lord’s Supper.
(4) The deacons shall be responsible for the physical preparations of the Lord’s Supper.